Thursday, August 9, 2012

The power WITHIN a DAY

You can wake up unassumingly one morning 
expecting your day to move in a certain direction
BUT within that single day,
because of someone's decision
your whole life can change it's course 
WITH or WITHOUT your permission...

I know I've had those days that have left a mark on me that won't go away - even years later.  Some amazing marks, and some difficult.

WITHIN A DAY, you have the power to change the course of a single life...BOTH positively or negatively.

WITHIN A DAY you have the power to either advance the Kingdom of God, or the kingdom of darkness.

That's good enough reason to take Ephesians 6 seriously.  When your feet hit the floor in the morning, usually there's a general "game plan", BUT, you just don't know what surprise events or conversations you'll have to respond to, but God does, SO...
  • Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. 
  • Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. 
  • Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. 
  • God's Word is an indispensable weapon.
  • In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. 
  • Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. 
  • Keep your eyes open. 
  • Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. 
 Ephesians 6:13-18 (The Message)

With the blink of an eye, we can react impulsively and WITHIN THAT DAY change someone's life (and our own) forever.   I wonder how many people in prison would say they didn't intend to do what they did, but it was an impulsive bad decision.  I know my mistakes haven't warranted prison, but in God's eyes hurt is hurt, sin is sin...

A day can come and go, slipping through our fingers, and without realizing, it becomes wasted because WITHIN THAT DAY - nothing was done; Whether through mundane, discouragement, or stress.

Sometimes I do think back to the days I wish I could hit the "REDO" button because they were days I have regrets in.  I blurted out things I shouldn't have, made decisions which came with consequences, or ran away from things I needed to face.

On the other side, I'm so thankful for the days I used to serve God and those He loves - where I've made GOOD decisions - to serve my family, help someone when they're struggling, hosting & encouraging people, sharing the gospel when I get the chance, or give a simple hug.

We need to walk in much more reverence of the responsibility we have WITHIN A DAY.  GOD gives us the gift of a day - we need to cherish it, be responsible with it, and serve Him during it.


DESCRIPTION: Man with angel and devil on shoulders.  Angel has pushed devil off. CAPTION: SUDDENLY TOM DECIDED THAT HE SHOULD NOT CHEAT ON TODAY'S MATH TEST


Be very careful, then, how you live —
not as unwise but as wise, 
making the most of every opportunity, 
because the days are evil.  
therefore do not be foolish, 
but understand what the Lord’s will is.
Ephesians 5:15-17

6 comments:

  1. Your blog is wonderful!!!! You go girl! Love you, Mom
    I'm clicking as anonymous because I don't quite how to get this to show up.
    But, you know who I am. LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a refreshing post!! What a wonderful reminder of why we must be intentional day to day with our girls!

    Love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too! Thank you for being on this journey with us!

      Delete
  3. AMEN!!! I had one of those days yesterday I wish I could hit the rewind button on. Sooo thankful for His mercy that's new today and that in my weakness, He is strong!!! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAMEN!!!!! Can't put into words HOW thankful for new mercies. So great to stay connected with you, Rachael. I'm praying for an AMAZING school year for you!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm delighted to hear your own encouragement & experiences. Thank you for joining me

Christy