Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Johnson Family's Newest Addiction

From THIS...
I found my family's new best friend...THE CHIP MAKER!

FROM THE MAKER TO THE BOWL IN 3 MINUTES!

To THIS!!
The chip maker turns your favorite fruits and veggies into crispy chips.  NO oil, NO fat - simply slice the item, blot to dry, and microwave for 3 minutes...my girls LOVE making chips for the family.

 RED SKIN POTATO CHIPS...

Skew the red potato into the slicer, and slice on the thinnest setting.  



I love this simple slicer because your fingers don't go anywhere near the blades (I've grated off many-a-fingernail on other slicers...YES, my coordination needs help at times)


Lay the potatoes on paper towel, blot dry & season as desired.  Our favorite seasoning is a small sprinkle of Hidden Valley Ranch (the packet of dry ranch mix) and a dash of sea salt.

 Arrange the potato slices (single layer - and not touching one another) on the chip maker, and microwave on high for 3 minutes (cook time changes slightly depending on microwave) 



And VOILA!!!!  These chips can be made with many fruits & veggies.  Some of the favorites are apple, sweet potato, zucchini, and of course red skin potatoes.  




A perfect snack to quiet the CARB-A-HOLIC BEAST but not pack on the calories!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm delighted to hear your own encouragement & experiences. Thank you for joining me

Christy